NYX Duo Chromatic Illuminating Powders

Happy Tuesday! I hope you all had a great weekend and Father's Day!

Today's post is a little late - last week I uploaded a full video reviewing all five of the NYX Cosmetics Duo Chromatic Illuminating Powders (what a mouthful), but I wanted to come on here and upload swatches of each of the shades and talk a little bit more about them!


The shade range in this collection is absolutely stunning - give completely different shades. I think NYX did a great job at creating shades that are unique, versatile but still very wearable. OF course, not everyone is going to want a purple iridescent highlight in their collection, but the fact that you can also wear these powders as eyeshadows make them much more appealing to the average consumer. 

Overall, I think the formula on these illuminators are absolutely beautiful. They are highly pigmented and all have different iridescent vibes to them. With high colour payoff, especially in a highlight, it is common to find chunks of (unwanted) glitter. I am personally not a fan of highlighters that have a large amount of glitter - I find glitters tend to give a very unnatural finish to the skin and I find them very hard to blend into your makeup.


So far, I have seen the illuminators available on Ulta.com and at NYX Cosmetics for $13.00 CAD.

As I mentioned in the video, I couldn't wait to get play with Synthetica a beautiful burnt orange-copper shade. It is such a great highlight shade for the summer months when you want to achieve that ultimate bronze-glow. You can see it in action in my latest makeup tutorial here

I am also devastated to note, that my snow rose compact is still shattered, although I do plan on testing out a hack to fix broken compacts so I will keep you all updated.

Watch the full review here!



No comments