May Favourites - Best of Beauty!

Can you believe it's already June? I sure can't. This past month was a fantastic month for beauty products - I tried a lot of new products and began reaching for some oldies but goodies. It's been a while since I've shared some of my favourites with you, you can catch up on my last monthly favourite HERE! Now, let's get into my May beauty favourites!

Skincare

This past month has been a big skincare month for me. If you follow me on Instagram you know I have been uploading weekly skincare videos trying out new products, specifically masks. I have been struggling a lot with scarring from blemishes, and these two products have really made a difference for me.

Pixi beauty glow tonic to-go and H2O+ Beauty Waterbright dark spot corrector




#1. H2O+ Beauty Waterbright Dark Spot Corrector - I use this every morning before applying my moisturizer. It feels amazing on the skin! I apply directly on my dark spots and spread across the skin evenly.

#2. Pixi Beauty Glow Tonic On The Go Pads - The fact that they are in a pad form, already ready to use makes a huge difference for me! It entices me to use it on a regular basis and I have really been seeing great results in my pores.

PS! There is a little giveaway on my Instagram to win a new Pixi Beauty skincare product - click here to enter!

Hair

#1. Tangle Teezer's Ultimate Finishing Hairbrush - There's only one lonely product for hair this month. Tangle Teezer Canada was generous enough to send me its new brush and it is amazing! It works wonders to get those pesky knots out and doesn't tug at my hair.

Tangle Teezer's ultimate finish hair brush

Makeup

#1. Foundations - If you've been following me for a while you know I am a foundation junkie. I just can't stop trying out new ones and this month I fell absolutely in love with two affordable drugstore foundations. The two I have been loving this month are the Maybelline dream cushion foundation (FIRST-IMPRESSIONS) and the Covergirl vitalist elixir foundation (FULL REVIEW). The Covergirl foundation has a beautiful dewy finish and I highly recommend this one for anyone with dry to combo skin.

Maybelline dream cushion foundation and Covergirl vitalist elixir foundation

Maybelline dream cushion shade 30 and Covergirl vitalist foundation shade 625 swatches

#2 My go-to lip - All month I have been reaching for the KKW x Kylie Cosmetics liquid lipstick in Kimmie. Unfortunately, Kimmie is the only shade from the collection that I like. If you missed it, HERE is a full review & swatches!

Kylie Cosmetics KKW Collection

Kylie Cosmetics KKW Collection shade Kimmie swatches


#3. Mascaras - The two mascara's that I have been flip flopping between are the Maybelline colossal big shot mascara and the new L'Oreal voluminous lash paradise. Let me tell you - if you are a fan of the Too Faced better than sex, here is an amazing dupe, and I'm not just talking about the packaging. The formula is incredibly similar and the L'Oreal makes my lashes just as long and just as voluminous for less than half the price! I did a full comparison video on it HERE!

Maybelline Big Shot Mascara and L'Oreal Lash Paradise Mascara

#4 Highlighter combo -  I have been obsessing over the Sephora Collection illuminating drops in ultra light and the Smashbox x Casey Holmes in the spotlight pearl palette. Together, these highlights look absolutely stunning!

Sephora collection illuminating drops in ultra light and Smashbox Casey Holmes in the spotlight pearl palette

Sephora collection ultra light swatch and smashbox Casey Holmes in the spotlight pearl palette swatches

If you want to hear more of my thoughts on these products check out the full video on my YouTube channel!


No comments