Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous Foundation and Concealer Review


Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous foundation and concealer packaging

Happy New Year! I hope you all had a fantastic holiday and are as excited for 2017 as I am. One of my big resolutions for 2017 is to be more consistent here on my blog with makeup reviews, tutorials and outfit posts.

Today's review is all about the Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous foundation and concealer! I do have a full video on my YouTube channel so be sure to check that out to see a full demo using the products.

This was a random purchase for me in a recent drugstore haul. What immediately gravitated me towards the foundation was the packaging. The foundation comes in a squeeze tube, which is becoming a more common form of packaging for foundation and I am personally a huge fan. I find that squeeze tubes are really clean and you don't waste product. Once I decided I wanted to try out the foundation, I also grabbed the matching concealer.

Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous Foundation

The foundation is sold anywhere between $7 to $10 dollars at local drugstores - I picked mine up at WalMart. The shade selection could be better, but it does come in a decently wide variety of 12 shades. I personally matched myself at 220 soft honey and love the match on my skin. (I am normally a Mac NC 30).

Covergirl ready set gorgeous foundation in 220 honey beige packaging

The Ready Set Gorgeous foundation has a lightweight formula geared towards oily to combination skin types. I personally believe that if you do have normal to dry skin you can also give this foundation a try with a hydrating primer. The foundation provides a medium coverage that sets to a soft matte finish and lasts on average six to seven hours before having to touch up with powder.

Covergirl ready set gorgeous foundation in 220 honey beige shade swatch

Overall, I love the coverage this foundation gives. I think it is a great everyday foundation that will cover up blemishes, redness and uneven skin but will leave your natural beauty marks and freckles showing.

Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous Concealer

The concealer is sold at the same price as the foundation - again I got mine at WalMart. The shade selection for the concealer is fairly good with six shades ranging from fair to deep. I got the shade light and find it a bit too light for concealing blemishes but like it to highlight certain areas of the face including under the eyes. To match the foundation the shade light/medium would be more fitting.

Covergirl ready set gorgeous concealer packaging

The concealer gives off great coverage under the eyes and actually cancels any discolouration such as blue tones. It is lightweight, and when set correctly it doesn't crease either. It lasted all day long on the skin without breaking up. 

Covergirl ready set gorgeous concealer wand in light

Altogether, I highly recommend the Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous line - note: the line does come with a face powder as well. The foundation and concealer are great quality drugstore products and I highly recommend them to anyone looking for great, reliable everyday products. 

Covergirl ready set gorgeous foundation and concealer swatches

Be sure to check out the video for a full demo using both these products!



1 comment

  1. i wish we had this brand here! looks so inexpensive yet so good! my oily skin would love this, I can tell!
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete