L’Oréal Infallible Pro Glow Foundation Review

I firmly believe this foundation was the most hyped up drugstore foundation launch of all time. After its successor, Infallible Pro Matte was such a hit, everyone was intrigued when this foundation was announced, and here're the amazing reasons why!

The L’Oréal Infallible Pro Glow foundation was launched in Canada mid-July this past summer. I picked it up quite quickly at my local Rexall Pharma Plus. Different drugstores have it set at different prices, but I picked mine up for $19 CAD, and currently Wal-Mart has it on sale for $16.96 CAD. Usually, any foundation without a pump gets automatic thumbs down from me, but since this foundation has a squeeze tube for packaging I forgive the missing pump. The squeeze tube stays clean and is easy to get the product out.



Many people complained about the lack of shades in the foundation. The foundation comes in 12 shades ranging from classic ivory to cocoa. I have heard rumors that L’Oréal has more shades in the works for both the pro-glow and pro-matte. I went with the shade 204 natural buff, which was a perfect match for me (I am a Mac NC 30-35).


The foundation is lightweight with SPF 15and has a decently long lasting formula with a dewy finish. L’Oréal states that the pro-glow formula is built to last up to 24-hours of wear even while providing a hydrating glow. As many of you know, I have oily-combination skin and this foundation held up quite well. I do wear it with a matte finish primer (often with the Nivea Men After Shave Balm), and it tends to last seven to nine full hours. If I set it with a powder foundation – taking away most of the dewy finish – it will last 10 to 12-hours. L’Oréal recommends this foundation for normal-dry skin, and I completely agree, although I do not think that means oily skinned gals can’t give it a try! It is a great foundation if you want to achieve a more dewy, hydrated look.

For the application, I typically will opt for a damp Beauty Blender. It does a great job at distributing the foundation evenly on the skin. This foundation gives the complexion a medium coverage and for under eyes and blemishes I recommend using a lightweight concealer.

I have been using this foundation consistently for the past few months and even with oily skin, I do enjoy it. I tend to opt for it more for daytime looks, as it won’t give me the coverage or lasting power my skin type needs for the evenings or a special event. One thing I love about wearing this foundation during the day is that it is very light weight, but still gives a good amount of coverage. Because the foundation is so hydrating, you won’t risk looking cakey or “over done” for day time activities. I highly recommend this foundation to anyone with normal to dry skin. If you have oily skin but still enjoy a hydrated dewy look from time-to-time, then definitely give it a shot!

For a full demo on how I apply the foundation to the skin and what it looks like without concealer and with a full face be sure to watch review & demo! Be sure to give it a thumbs up and subscribe to see more videos!


No comments