Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation Review & Demo


The moment this foundation was released, I knew I had to have it! From the gorgeous packaging to it being every oily-skinned persons’ dream, I knew it was a foundation I had to try and of course review.

When the foundation as first released I immediately jumped on Sephora’s website to purchase one. After reading reviews from other bloggers I got a little nervous when it came to shade selection because many people said the foundation oxidizes between one to two shades! I decided to hold off until I was able to swatch the foundation in store.


So at last, about two weeks ago I was able to pick up the foundation with my mind at ease! I do recommend for this foundation to go in store and test the shades out since they have a great selection. The shades work well to distinguish different undertones as well. Shades ending in .0 mean your undertone is warm, shades ending in .5 means your undertone is pink, and .25 means your undertone is neutral (a mixture of both). I recommend swatching a few shades and waiting five-ten minutes and then decide if it is the right shade for you. You can purchase this foundation at Sephora for $49 CAN


Once I got the right foundation shade, it was smooth sailing from there. This foundation is a full coverage and has a matte finish. Your preference on your foundation coverage will be the deciding factor on whether you apply it with a brush or with a damp beauty sponge.

Before oxidizing:

After oxidizing:

Personally, I love the foundation both ways. I used a Real Techniques Buffing Brush which gave my skin a full coverage. I barely needed concealer to cover any darkness or redness on my face. For me, that is a bit too much coverage for everyday wear, but for a night out it was perfect. Not only did the coverage last all night (eight-nine hours) it also didn’t break up on my skin whatsoever, and that is a dream come true for people with oily skin!
For everyday coverage, I opted for a damp beauty blender, which ended up being my preferred method of application and the method you’ll see in the demo below. The foundation applies beautifully and even though it’s a matte finish, you still have a considerable amount of time to work the foundation into the skin before it sets. Even with a beauty blender the foundation still held up amazing all day. It broke up slightly around the nose but remained intact on my chin and t-zone.


Urban Decay did an excellent job with the formula and packaging of this foundation. It is worth the hype and if you’re looking for full coverage, long lasting, matte foundation, this is the right foundation for you!

Be sure to watch the full review and demo of the foundation below! And be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel!


2 comments

  1. I'm soooo excited to try this, I've heard nothing but good things. I've got oily/combination skin and love the naked skin foundation, my only gripe being my t-zone seeps through sometimes but this sounds like the perfect one for my skin type. It looks absolutely flawless on you. Great post!

    Amy | www.whatamydid.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got this too and I cant wait to review it! It's amazing!Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete