Night-time Skincare Routine!


We all want a flawless complexion with and without makeup on. That being said, taking care of your skin should be top of your priority list. For me, it has taken me years of trial and error to find products that work for my skin type. Today, let’s chat about my current skincare routine.

My skin care routine typically takes me about ten minutes every night with a full face of makeup on, so let’s jump in.

The first thing I do is take off whatever is on or whatever is left on my lips. Recently, I have been really into matte lipsticks, which can be stubborn to get off. I use the NYX Cosmetics Be Gone lipstick remover. It is so gentle on the lips and gets rid of everything! On days where I have a regular lipstick on I just skip right to step two.

I have been using the Garnier Micellar Cleansing water and poor a fair amount onto a cotton pad and wiped it on my face. The micellar water removes 95 per cent of the makeup on my face and eyes. It does get that tough eyeliner and mascara off as well, and if you’re someone who prefers waterproof eye makeup, they do have a waterproof formula.


Right after that, I go in with my cleanser to deep clean my skin. To do this, I have been loving my Clarisonic Mia Fit. You can use any cleanser with this gadget, and it works wonders. Even after using the Micellar Cleansing Water I always have makeup residue on the brush. It deep cleans the skin with an electric brush head that has two-speed settings. It has an automatic timer which helps you know how long to clean each section of your face. Lately, I have been using the Purity Made Simple Philosophy cleanser, a very gentle cleanser for the skin, and it smells divine.


Once my face is cleansed, I go in with the Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner. I love this stuff; I find it helps restore my skin’s pH balance and tightens my pores back up. I run this product all over my t-zone and cheeks with a cotton pad.

After this step, I usually take a break and brush my teeth to let the toner sink in. Then I go right into my night creams. I have three creams that I apply at night (I know it seems like a lot, but you’ll understand what I’m talking about in a minute)

First, I go in with a brightening serum to help reduce any discoloration on the skin. I struggle with acne scarring, so this has helped even out my skin. I have been using the Pur~Lisse Blue Lotus Brightening Serum.


Directly after that, I go in with my holy grail Neutrogena Oil-Free moisturizer. I have been using this product since I was in high school! I have tried many other moisturizers but always find myself going back to this one. It works well; I also use this product in the morning.

For my under eyes, I have been using the Clinique Even Better Under Eyes to help keep them hydrated. I find when I don’t use a moisturizing under my eyes I find it has a different texture than the rest of my skin, so I never skip this step!

FINALLY, I finish off my routine with some acne medication if needed. I use the Clean & Clear Advantage Mark Treatment and just use it as a spot treatment. It works wonders and highly recommend it if you’re looking for something to treat specific blemishes.

I know I said finally, but from time to time I do enjoy treating myself with a face mask. I have oily skin and struggle primarily with black heads in my t-zone. I love using clay/mud masks. The one I have been opting for lately is the TruSelf Organics Detoxifying face mask.


Here's a video to watch how I use these amazing products in action! 





1 comment

  1. I am obsessed with toners and that one sounds amazing! I use 3 creams too, especially one for my dark circles :p
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete