Jaclyn Hill's The Ride or Die Makeup Tag


Jaclyn Hill Ride or Die makeup tag

I hope you're all having a fantastic weekend!! I don't usually upload on Saturday's, but I couldn't wait to upload this one! Recently, Jaclyn Hill created a tag video on her channel called Ride or Die Makeup Tag. As the title describes, the tag is all about your favourite, must-have, can't live without makeup products. Here are my ride or dies!
Here are some product shots of all my favourites and a quick description. For a more in-depth review on these products check out the full video up on my YouTube Channel here and I'll also have it at the bottom of this post!

Let's begin, shall we?

First up is face primer, which hands down had to be my Smashbox photo finish pore minimizing primer. It is great at keeping my makeup on all day long and filling in my pores.

For foundation, I went with the first foundation I ever purchased at Sephora. I have re-purchased this foundation and now love the new version of it as well. It is the Makeup Forever HD Foundation. This foundation has amazing medium-buildable coverage and has a great shade range.

Makeup setting spray was also a Makeup Forever product, the Mist & Fix. This is a great product to set your makeup and also to wet your brush before going into eyeshadows.


Smashbox photo finish pore minimizing primer, Makeup Forever HD foundation and Makeup Forever Mist and Fix setting spray product shots

Continuing with face products! When it comes to concealer, I know right away what is my ride or die. Hands down, the Mac Pro Longwear Concealer. It is full coverage, durable, and versatile. It never lets me down.

For my all over face powder, i went with the extremely affordable Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder. This is a great setting powder for all over the face; it isn't too high in coverage so you don't have to worry about looking too cakey.

For under eye setting powder, I love the Kat Von D Lyric powder. Currently, it is in the Shade + Light highlight and contour palette, but I heard that in the fall Kat Von D would launch these shades separately, thank god because I hit pan!

Product shots of Kat Von D shade and light highlight and contour palette, Mac Cosmetics Pro longwear concealer and RImmel stay matte pressed powder.

I had an easy time picking out my blush, bronzer and highlighter products. These are just three products that have been in my collection since I started getting into makeup.

Blush is the famous Mac Melba. This is a versatile shade that will look stunning on all skin tones. IT also has a great lasting power, which is tough to find for a blush.

For bronzer, I went with the Benefit Hoola Bronzer. This is also a versatile shade that looks great on many skin tones. I also like this bronzer because I can use it to bronze up the skin but also to contour and sculpt since it doesn't have an orange/terracotta undertone. 

For highlighter, the Becca Cosmetics Moonstone is the first highlighter I ever purchased and love dearly. It compliments so many makeup looks and looks gorgeous on the skin.

Product shot of Mac Cosmetics Melba blush, Benefit Hoola bronzer and Becca Cosmetics Moonstone highlighter.

Here are some swatches:

Product swatches of Mac Cosmetics Melba blush, Benefit Hoola bronzer and Becca Cosmetics Moonstone highlighter.

Lip products became more of a struggle for me. For a classic lipstick, I thought to myself, which lipstick to I tend always to carry in my purse? That's got to be my ride or die. That is the Milani Cosmetics Lipstick in Nude Creme. Although it doesn't have the greatest lasting powder since it has a more satin finish, it is moisturizing on the lips and very easy to apply. 

For liquid lipstick, I went with the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lip in Lolita! This was again the first ever liquid lipstick that I purchased. It is long wearing but still very comfortable on the lips. 

I am not a lip gloss gal, so in my video, you'll hear me say that I pick the entire NYX Cosmetics Butter Gloss formula. After the video, I wanted to try and find one that I wear the most, and it is the Gloss in Vanilla Cream Pie. Just a lovely nude pink that is very wearable and has a great color payoff. 

Product shot of Milani Cosmetics lipstick in Nude Creme, Kat Von D everlasting liquid lipstick in lolita and Nyx cosmetics butter gloss in Vanilla Cream Pie.

Swatches:
Product swatches of Milani Cosmetics lipstick in Nude Creme, Kat Von D everlasting liquid lipstick in lolita and Nyx cosmetics butter gloss in Vanilla Cream Pie.

Moving on the eyes!

Mascara and lashes were two other easy picks for me. The L'oreal Telescopic Carbon Black Mascara and Ardell Natural Demi Wispies are two products I have been using for years and have repurchased countless times!

When it came to eyeshadow palette, I struggled a bit because I love and own so many different palettes ranging from neutrals to more colourful shades. The first palette I ever purchased was the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette, and it has been with me through trial and error and many fun memories. I couldn't take a product shot of the inside of the palette because it is busted up and most shades I have hit pan! If you want to get a glimpse, I do show it in the video briefly! 

Product shot of Urban Decay Naked 2 eyeshadow palette, Ardell Natural Demi Wispies false lashes and L'oreal Telescopic carbon black mascara.

I am not a everyday perfume wearer because I work in an office environment and to be honest, I forget when I am going out! But, the one perfume that I adore and go back to for those special occasions is hands down Candy by Prada!

Product shot of Candy by Prada perfume bottle.

Those are all my Ride or Die makeup products! I hope you enjoyed this post and if you want more information on these items then be sure to check out the video!




No comments