Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation & Concealer Review




A few months ago I began to see this foundation pop up in my news feed on several social media platforms. I decided to pick it up to see what the fuss was about and reviewed it over on my YouTube channel but wanted to go even further in depth on the blog.


I picked mine up from my local Sephora for $34 CAN, which for a full-size high-end foundation, I was happy to pay. 

Clinique beyond perfecting foundation + concealer ingredients

The foundation comes in a 1 oz. glass bottle with a ginormous doe foot applicator. This applicator has received a lot of love and hate. From me, I adore it. Most of the concerns laid around the cleanliness of the applicator. Before applying any foundation, you should be cleansing your face and applying some sort of base – i.e. moisturizer, primer or both. With that being said, your face should be squeaky clean and clear of spreading any bacteria into the bottle.

Clinique beyond perfecting foundation + concealer applicator


Another complaint from this foundation was the shade range. The foundation comes in 20 different shades, which is a decent selection. The issue behind colour matching for many people – including myself, was that the shades had primarily pink undertones and not enough yellow/olive or deep undertones. I ended up finding one that matched quite well when blended, 6.5 Buttermilk (I am a MAC NC 30-35).

Clinique beyond perfecting foundation + concealer shade

The foundation is an oil-free, moisturizing foundation that lasts 8 hours even on my oily skin (I did use a matte primer). It gives a medium coverage that is buildable but still very lightweight on the skin which makes it comfortable to wear all day long at the office.
I like using the applicator to apply the foundation onto the face and then go in with a damp Beauty Blender or Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to blend it into the skin. The foundation doesn’t oxidize on the skin; it blends in well to give you a nice clear complexion. The product claims it is a two-in-one and as it does do a great job of covering any redness or dark circles under the eyes, I still go in with a concealer to highlight the face.

Clinique beyond perfecting foundation + concealer

I have been using this foundation consistently for the past four months and have been enjoying it. It doesn’t clog my pores but still gives a flawless finish to the skin without looking cakey. It also blends well and looks good with either a beauty sponge or brush. I highly recommend this product to anyone in the market for a new high-end foundation.

Be sure to check out the full review and demo applying the foundation on my channel and be sure to subscribe!



1 comment

  1. ive heard quite a bit about this too, maybe ill pick this up when my other high end ones run out :D
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete