March Beauty Favourites


March beauty favourites 2016

March is coming to a close, and I thought I would get a jump start to my March beauty favourites. This month I tried out a lot of new products that I mentioned in my Sephora haul and I also re-discovered some old goodies. 

Tangle Teezer - The Original

Tangle teezer

I have always heard so many great things about this hair brush but have never seen it sold anywhere near me.  When I saw this at Urban Outfitters, I decided to try it out. The brush does an excellent job of getting those pesky knots and tangles out of your hair without causing breakage or damage, especially when your hair is wet. The bristles on the brush make it pretty painless as well. It glides through your hair without tugging or pulling which is nice especially for those early morning wake-up calls. If you haven't tried this hair brush, I recommend it. 

Tangle teezer the original

Josie Maran - Argan Enlightenment Illuminizing Wand

Josie Maran argan enlightenment illuminizing wand

I got this product in my February Ipsy glam bag and had not put it down since. It is great to give a lovely natural glow to the skin or if you want that extra pop on the cheekbones, using it as a base for your powder highlighter. It blends out so easily and gives off such a healthy looking shimmer. The packaging is amazing, and you can find this product at Sephora

NYX Cosmetics - Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in soft-spoken

nyx cosmetics liquid suede cream lipstick in soft spoken

I purchased a few of these liquid lipsticks and altogether the formula has been great. Very hydrating, long lasting and has great colour pay off. This shade has been my favourite this month. It's a great deep nude shade that goes with any eye look. I am a sucker for nude lips so I wasn't surprised when I saw myself gravitating towards this product. If you haven't tried these NYX lippies out I highly recommend them, I get mine at Shoppers Drug Mart. 

Nivea Men - After Shave Balm

nivea men after shave balm

I did a full review of this product, which you can read here, but I just had to mention it again. I have been obsessed with this product. It is a highly affordable product and it works wonders for oily skin. I love mixing this product with hydrating foundations, but it still works very well with mattifying ones. I also have seen a difference in my skins appearance since using this product, I have seen fewer breakouts and also my skin tone is much more even. Since this product has been receiving a lot of attention in the beauty community, I have heard some people say that it's been sold out at their local drugstore. I found mine at Walmart, and I have also seen it at Loblaws

Clinique - Beyond Perfecting Foundation and Concealer

clinique beyond perfecting foundation and concealer

The first time I applied this foundation on my face I knew I was going to like it. It's an oil-free foundation that has medium to buildable coverage but still feels lightweight on the skin. I like this foundation for everyday wear for that reason. It doesn't feel too heavy and it lasts throughout the entire work day without my oils breaking through (I do use the Nivea Men After Shave Balm underneath and I think the combination is what helps with my oils). The only thing I have to say is I still wear a concealer with this foundation, primarily under the eyes for my dark circles and to highlight. If you have normal to oily skin or dry skin, I recommend you trying this foundation out; I got mine at Sephora!

L'oreal - Telescopic Mascara

l'oreal telescopic mascara in carbon black

This has been my favourite go to mascara from the drugstore for years and I was surprised to see that I had never mentioned it before! At first glance, you see the applicator is very skinny and has a lot of sharp, short bristles. This may turn people away, but I swear it works wonders. It does an incredible job at lengthening my lashes and giving them the sweet thickness that doesn't make them look spidery or clumpy. I find the small bristles are easier to maneuver especially on the bottom lash line. I get mine at any local drugstore such as Shoppers Drug Mart or Walmart

I am testing and reviewing lots of products in the upcoming weeks and I am excited to share those reviews with you all here and also on my YouTube Channel. I hope you enjoyed this months beauty favourites! 

4 comments

  1. that foundation does sound kind of awesome! really wanna try more NYX lippies, I have one and I adorei it :D
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love the Josie Maran illuminating wand! I bought it in a set at Sephora months ago and it's amazing at melting into your skin to give you a glow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your March Faves and have been on the fence of trying that Loreal Telescopic mascara but I love lengthening without the clumps!!

    Ursula

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome items! the lip shade looks gorgeous!
    and I've been absolutely loving the nivea balm as primer too (:

    Life in Pastel

    ReplyDelete