January Beauty Favourites


Happy February! I hope you all had a great start to the new year. I certainly did and if you'd like to see how I spent the month of January check out my January photo-recap. 

Since Christmas, I got a lot of new products, and I've had a lot of fun testing them all out. Here is what I've been loving. 



A great hydrating foundation that gives a medium to full coverage application. Even with oily skin, I enjoy this foundation when applied with a mattifying primer. It lasts all day and gives a nice dewy finish without making your skin look overly oily. 


This foundation is my current everyday foundation. It's affordable and is at the drugstore, which is always a bonus. It has a medium to buildable coverage and has a matte finish. Even with this combination, the foundation still feels lightweight on the skin making it perfect for everyday wear.


This concealer is a holy grail item for me, and I am quite surprised that I have yet to mention it on my blog. This concealer is full coverage that does an amazing job at covering those pesky under eye circles or blemishes that we all encounter from time to time.  I'm typically the shade NC 30 to 35 at Mac for my foundation. For my concealer I opt for a shade or two lighter - NC 25 to help not only concealer but to brighten under the eyes and various parts of the face. 


This setting powder is great for numerous reasons. It's  affordable and is at the drugstore and retails for $4. It's also a lightweight powder that doesn't get cakey throughout the day even on top of a full coverage foundation. The downside is it only comes in three shades. One of them is translucent, which would work for any skin tone, but I am waiting for the day they come out with more shades. Other than that small tidbit this setting powder is a definite must in your collection. 



This palette is great for everyday because it includes warm toned and cool toned shadows. The palette has 12 matte shadows that are extremely pigmented, creamy and blendable. 


I have been collecting Makeup Geek shadows for a year now. I have shades with matte, shimmer and foiled finishes. They apply easily and are comparable to Mac shadows, but are half the price! 

Mac Faux, Colour Pop LAX, Kat Von D Lolita


This liquid lipstick is an intense burgundy red. If you want a dramatic lip, this is the one for you. Some reviews mention that this shade applies patchy or would flake off. I didn't run into these problems. I find it has great lasting power, and it's easy to apply even with it being such a dark shade. 


This product received a lot of hype since it's release and it's worth it. It gives a completely matte finish but is lightweight. You can barely feel it on your lips, and it lasts all day through drinking and eating. I'm interested in trying out more shades from this line. 


I've loved this lipstick for everyday wear. It's a great mauve toned nude, and you can pair it with any look. I love the versatility of this shade, and it's very comfortable to wear since it has a satin finish. 

I hope you enjoy my monthly beauty favourites and check out the video on my YouTube channel. 




2 comments

  1. infallible foundation is one of my favs ever! it holds my oily sin so so well!
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like fluffy, white background you use! So cute. :)


    Connect with me:
    BLOGLOVIN: https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/igaberry-13323143
    INSTA: https://www.instagram.com/igaberry/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/igaberry1
    WEBSITE: https://www.igaberry.com

    ReplyDelete