Top Five Winter Foundations

Happy Monday everyone!


Today I am sharing with you top five favourite foundations for the winter months. These foundations will be helpful for those of you who have oily skin like me. 



L'oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation


When I first tried out this foundation I didn't fall in love with it right away. I had to play with this foundation and figure out the right way to apply it to my skin. This foundation is described as a demi-matte finish but truly gives a full matte finish and is medium coverage, but very build-able. Since this foundation has such a matte finish I found that applying it with a damp beauty blender (or any sponge) works the best way. The damp sponge helps distribute the product evenly on the face and adds a bit of moisture as well. This foundation is oil free and says it will last 24 hours. I have not personally tested this, but I have worn it for 12 hours and it lasted the entire day and evening. There was no breakage and my oils were not showing through in the t-zone. I love this foundation and highly recommend it. You can find this product at your local drugstore or Wal-Mart. 

Maybelline Fit Me Matte & Poreless


This foundation is another great drugstore foundation. It is not nearly as matte as the L'oreal foundation, but it does an excellent job of maintaining my oils in my skin and lasting throughout the day. I apply this foundation with either my Real Techniques Buffing Brush (duo-fibre brush) or with a damp beauty blender. Both ways give off a great demi-matte finish. This foundation gives a light-medium coverage and even when built to more of a full coverage finish it doesn't look cakey. 

Mac Studio Fix Fluid


One of my all time favourite foundations for every season. It is a medium coverage foundation that hides imperfections perfectly and sets as a demi-matte finish. There is also 38 shades of this foundation based on the undertone of the skin, which can help you find the perfect match.  The only negative thing about this foundation is that it doesn't come with a pump. The pump is sold separately, and I find since the foundation is so thick it can be difficult to get out of the bottle when you're nearing the end and can become quite messy. 

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation


This foundation received a lot of hype about how great it is for oily skin. The hype was not wrong. After the first time wearing this foundation I knew I loved it. It lasted all day, and the application was a breeze. The foundation is easy to work with and very blendable. It is known for a medium coverage but for myself, I feel as if it is more on the full coverage side. There was no transfer wearing this foundation and my oils never break through it. Again the only negative aspect of this foundation is it doesn't come with a pump.  You can find Estee Lauder at Nordstrom or on Sephora's website. 

Too Faced Born This Way Foundation


This foundation is another one that got a lot of attention and hype when it first came out. It has a great shade selection and it comes with a pump! (I love foundations with pumps, makes application so much easier) This foundation is the complete opposite of the other four mentioned, but I've been loving this foundation especially for the cold months. The product is described to moisturize and brighten your skin while also providing it medium to full coverage. This foundation is definitely one that is more moisturizing then the other four, but I didn't see any difference in brightness. Even with the moisturizing component to the foundation, when I feel as though my skin is more textured or dry I love to wear this foundation. It feels so hydrating on the skin and looks flawless. I love wearing this foundation when I'm going out and know I'm going to be taking photos. You can find this foundation at Sephora. 

5 comments

  1. I love the maybelline fit me one! I find that works really well for me http://maybemayhemmakeup.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. the estee lauder foundation has been on my wishlist forever! must get it as I have a very oily tzone and the Loreal infallible foundation isn't cutting it.

    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep hearing so many amazing things about the Too Faced foundation, need to try it out!

    Parie x
    classandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Loreal infallible pro matte and really want to try the Born This Way because I've been seeing it everywhere and it looks so great on people x


    http://wildfirecharm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only just discovered the Estee Lauder Doublewear after years of being a MAC girl - I'm a total convert! It really covers all my skin's flaws and when I use it with the powder as well the finish is so matte and truly glamourous. I love it!

    Katy | www.hotpinkwellingtons.co.uk

    ReplyDelete