January Ipsy Glam Bag Review


A new year and new Ipsy glam bags. For those of you who are new to my blog each month I review my Ipsy glam bag subscription service. Ipsy is a monthly subscription service that instead of giving a traditional style box, gives you a makeup bag filled with five full or deluxe sized makeup or beauty products. Ipsy also sends out different variations of the bag, unique to your own personal preferences.


This month Ipsy glam bag had a theme called All Eyes On You. The glam bag came with five full size products, and four of theme were eye products.

The Balm Cosmetics - Mr. Write (Now) Eyeliner


I received the shade Jack B. Bronze, which is a nice deep bronze shade. The eyeliner is pigmented and creamy. It goes on very smooth and had a great lasting power. This eyeliner is also retractable, a feature I tend to like, it makes it much easier for daily usage. 

Marsk - Mineral Eyeshadow


I received the shade You're Toast, another gorgeous champagne bronze shade. This is a highly pigmented loose shadow. It has a stunning sheen to it when applied and when applied wet is very pigmented. I had never heard of this brand before but after researching it is an all natural cosmetic line, has certified organic ingredients and are cruelty free. 

Beau Gachis Paris - Smudge Brush

I always love getting brushes in subscription boxes. The bristles on this brush are very soft and the perfect length for precise blending. Shorter bristles can help with controlling how much eye shadow you apply and are always a staple in every eye look. Glad to have this one join the collection.

Salon Perfect - Perfect Brow Pomade


Now this product I was very excited for. I have never tried a brow pomade and was excited to get to play around with it. Then it arrived and unfortunately I was disappointed to see that I got the pomade for light brown. Light brown was the only shade Ipsy sent out. Perhaps the most versatile shade, but not when you have nearly black hair. 

Lasting Smiles - Lip Balm in Peppermint Creme

This product is quite nice, it is made out of coconut oil, shea and cocoa butter. I love the smell and it actually does hydrate my lips. But so do the other hundreds of lip balms I have kicking around my house. I was kind of disappointed in this last product because it wasn't very interesting, until I saw some facts on Ipsy's website about what the company does. Smile for a Cause is an initiative that for every 1,000 lip balms sold they fund cleft surgeries for children. 

Overall four out of the five products have been working great for me. Next month will be my sixth month with this subscription service and so far I have received a great range of products. If you are looking to expand your makeup and beauty collection subscription boxes are a great way to do so. They are relatively inexpensive and you get to try out multiple products each month. 

Thank you for reading and have a great weekend!

3 comments

  1. I enjoyed reading your Ipsy review and esp love the bronze shadow and the lip balm that supports children surgeries!

    Ursula

    www.blueridgebeautyblogger.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyon's Ipsy bags are so great! Lasting Smiles is SUCH a great name for that product - love that it goes towards a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that makeup bag! Sucks that they couldn't customize the brow pomade to each person's hair colour though.

    ReplyDelete