December Ipsy Glam Bag

December is here, and that means another review on Ipsy's glam bag. 


This month is my fifth glam bag from Ipsy, and so far I have enjoyed the products that have been sent to me. Many people complain that they send a lot of skin care products, but for me I am always interested in trying out new products, including skin care. That being said, many of the skin care products sent from Ipsy have become some of my favourites and even apart of my skin care routine. 


Now onto this months products. 

Crown Brush - C413 Brow Duo Brush

When I got a glimpse of what I would be receiving for this month I was most excited for this brush. I have heard so many bloggers and vloggers rave about this brush line and I am very excited to try this one out. The brush is double sided, one side is an angled brush to apply brow products such as powders and pomades, while the other side is a spoolie. For me I find that this will make application very easy. Usually I have to alternative between the two brushes so having them all in one is going to be beneficial. 

Acure - Cell Stimulating Face Mask

As I mentioned before I have been trying to explore skin care products and try new things for my skin type. On the Ipsy website it describes this mask to be a product that will stimulate new cell growth and draw out impurities. It is also vegan, gluten, and cruelty free. From this description I am excited to try out this mask. This time of year is horrid for my skin, I get very dry in my t-zone therefore I hope this mask will help revive those areas. 

Pacifica - Power of Love Natural Lipstick

When I first saw this lipstick I didn't think anything spectacular of it. The shade didn't spark my attention in the tube and the packaging just wasn't there for me. Then I swatched it. It is so creamy and what took me by surprise was that the lipstick was very pigmented. Once swatched I did like the shade, it is a very warm toned nude with red and brown undertones. 

Measurable Difference - Baked Face Blush in Pink Rose

This products packaging was extremely confusing. It comes in a nice box but when you take it out it is in a clear plastic packaging that you would assume to throw in the trash. Not the case. I took the small pan out of this clear plastic container and was surprised to see that it actually belonged in it. That being said the packaging for this product gets a whopping 1/5. The product itself seemed nice, a little chalky when I swatched it but still pigmented. The shade was a nice pink for everyday, but unfortunately overall not a fan of this item. 

Swatches left to right - Pacifica lipstick, Measurable Difference Blush

Formula X - Polish in Revved Up

This was a sample size of this polish which was disappointing, but the shade is so pretty it made up for the quantity. It is a sparkly rose shade with flecks of gold. Definitely will be applying this shade for New Years Eve.

That is all the products I received this month. Overall I liked the items but I would say four out of the five impressed me thus far. The makeup bag that was given this month is also a bonus, I love the red packaging and the shape of the bag, I already began to use it. 


Thank you for reading!

7 comments

  1. I've heard great things about crown brushes too! Those lipstick and blush swatches are very pretty. Could you use the blush as a lipstick too? Love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, you sure the nail polish is a sample size? :-( All this while ipsy gives full size nail polish so it's strange that they suddenly give a sample size and I'm getting the same nail polish too but my bag has yet to arrive.

    www.reflectionofsanity.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the Pacifica lipstick and I love it. I also got the gold polish that looks nice. The rest of my bag was different. Can't remember what it was, but I liked the contents this month

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the red bag, I've received different products (nothing I like) but the bag is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was really disappointed with the packaging of the blush as well. Overall, I liked the bag this month though!

    Hillary | A Very Charmed Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was actually pretty happy with the lipstick as well! It's a really nice shade that I never would have picked out in my own. Otherwise, I can't say I've been hugely impressed with Ipsy lately. I feel like the products were better last year. If next month isn't great I might be switching subscriptions!
    Xx
    www.perladiaries.com

    ReplyDelete