Urban Decay Electric Palette | Review & Swatches

Urban Decay Electric Palette Review

Happy Monday!

Recently I decided to splurge on the Urban Decay Electric Palette. Many people would take a glance at this palette and say "no way, too bright, what am I going to do with these shades". 


I always had my eye on this palette but because of the shades being so bright and colourful it was never at the very top of my wishlist. What really drove me over the edge to finally purchase this palette was Halloween makeup tutorials. I had so many ideas that involved colour but all the coloured eye shadows that I had just weren't doing it for me. These shadows are extremely unique. Yes, they are very vibrant and not your typical everyday shadow. But if you are someone who is a beauty fanatic and likes to play around with makeup looks then I highly recommend this palette. 

Urban Decay Electric Palette Packaging

First can we talk about the packaging? For me the packaging sells the palette right away. Its a clear indication that the palette is filled with fun and vibrant shadows. I think they did an amazing job with the packaging of this palette. On the inside there are ten shadows in the palette as well as a duo ended brush. The brushes that come in Urban Decay's palettes are always really great quality so for me that's an extra bonus.

Urban Decay Electric Palette Eye Shadows

The shadows are all really creamy and pigmented. When it comes to intense coloured shadows I am always let down by the pigmentation, but with this palette that was not the case. What you see is really what you get. The colours are so pigmented and they blend out very easily, which is another tough thing to find in a pigmented coloured shadow. Some are more shimmery and give off more of a sheen while others can almost pass as matte but have the most subtle shimmer added to them. 

My favourite colour in the palette is 'Savage'. Its bright in your face pink, I adore it. This shadow inspired my Alien tutorial and I cannot wait to play around with it for a more wearable eye look.
Urban Decay Electric Palette Swatches

I hope you enjoyed the review on this palette! Let me know in the comments below what your favourite palettes are.

Thank you
xoxo

10 comments

  1. Wow, these shadows do look really bright! And I absolutely adore the packaging

    http://allure-square.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Urban decay has such amazing eyeshadows and this palette is no different! Although I wouldn't purchase it myself as I'm only JUST starting to wear eyeshadow, I can totally see how perfect this would be for any dramatic eye look and even a revolt can be used around Christmas time! One thing for sure is the packaging is on fleek! Great post! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed this UD palette review esp the pink eye shadows! My wish list palette is Blushes by Maybelline!

    Ursula

    www.blueridgebeautyblogger.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is really pretty! Cant wait to see the tutorials you come up with this :)
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. This palette is hectic! I would never use it myself but the colours are cool.
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely colors!

    http://bellemelange.net/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would never purchase this because I know I wouldn't wear it but I am loving the look of Fringe and Jilted!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm the same - I never purchased it because it's so bright! I guess you could incorporate a lot of the colours into your daily makeup routine! xx

    Jasmine || http://www.blogsallbeautyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete