Makeup Geek Eye Shadow Collection

makeup geek eye shadow banner

Today I want to share with you one of my favourite eyeshadow brands - Makeup Geek. About a year ago I discovered this brand through - of course -  watching YouTube videos. Every single beauty vlogger was talking about them and using them in their tutorials, so I knew I had to try this brand out. Ever since then I have been slowly but surely building up my collection. They have such a wide range of shadows and now have come out with matte shadows, foiled shadows, duo chrome shadows, and pigments. The shade range is endless. 


makeup geek eye shadow collection

The best part of these shadows is the quality is incredible. They are buttery, creamy and so easy to blend, and they are roughly $6-9 dollars depending on the shadow. Here is my collection thus far.

Neutrals

Makeup Geek neutral shadow swatches

Shimma Shimma: Stunning shimmery soft vanilla shade. I love this shadow for a brow bone and inner corner highlight.

Beaches and Cream: Natural beige with some shades of peach. Really great shade for blending shadows out in the crease.

Creme Brulee: Light brown shadow with very warm tones. I use this shadow in many eye looks as my transition colour in the crease.

Desert Sands: When I first saw this shadow I did not think I would like it. Then I saw so many makeup looks using this shadow and it looked gorgeous on the eyes. I ended up buying it and I really do love it. It is a matte shadow that is a camel brown with yellow undertones.

Cocoa Bear: That popular matte red brown shade. This is a classic warm eye shadow that is perfect for the fall/winter months.

Mocha: Matte dark brown. Love this shadow to intensify looks in the outer v.

Coloured Shadows

Makeup Geek shadow swatches

Poppy: On the MG website they describe it as a matte orange, but I see a lot more corals and pinks in the shadow. Very pigmented and easy to blend out.

Cupcake: Matte pink shade. Very subtle but build-able and pretty shade.

Bitten: Matte deep plum-burgundy. Very similar to Burlesque but matte.

Burlesque: Metallic deep plum-burgundy. Stunning shadow for more vampy looks.

Last Dance: Very similar to the last two, but more of a plum-purple shimmery shadow.

Envy: Very deep metallic forest green shade. Gorgeous shadow the name is a perfect match.

Corrupt: Matte black. This shadow is known to be the blackest eye shadow on the market and they are not wrong. It is intense.

Foiled Shadows

Makeup Geek foiled shadow swatches

In The Spotlight: Pink and coral shadow - stunning all over the lid.

Grandstand: Taupe brown shadow with hints of rose gold.

Caitlin Rose: Bright stunning purple.

Houdini: My favourite - deep teal shade perfect match with Envy.

That is my makeup geek shadow collection. I hope you all enjoy this post and let me know what MG shadows are your favourite!

I have many tutorials on my channel featuring these eye shadows - click here to have a peek! :)

Thanks for reading!
xoxo





15 comments

  1. i can't believe I still haven't tried Makeup Geek shadows. They are so appealing, and I've read so many great things, including your review, about them. I'm lazy about ordering anything online so that's my excuse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love MG eyeshadows! They are amazing! I have to get Cupcake, that one looks perfect!

    xx, A Little Dose of Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg, look how pigmented they are! In the spotlight does look AMAZING!
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I probably live under a rock or something but I've never heard of Makeup Geek! However... these eyeshadows look fab and I will probably have to buy some!!

    Robyn / Phases Of Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Makeup Geek has just come to the UK and I can't wait to try out some of their shadows! You have a lovely collection!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the foil colors the best from this eye shadow palette!!

    Ursula

    www.blueridgebeautyblogger.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are some really beautiful shades on this palette, I love the foiled ones the most! Lovely review xx

    Sam // Samantha Betteridge

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't tried these before but the pigments are AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the idea of building up your own collection. All of these look so pigmented. I love Shimma Shimma haha.

    xx Izzy | Qthee

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these eyeshadows too, we have some of the same shades x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never heard of this brand before but the colours look so pigmented! Thank you for introducing me to them!

    Jodie @ Jodetopia x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Grand stand and In the spot light look absolutely STUNNING, definitely my kinda shades! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd LOVE to get my hands on Cocoa Bear, Desert Sands, & In The Spotlight. I'm in love with Makeup Geek as a brand. I can't wait until they become even more accessible :)

    Wendy | XOBeautyAddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. How do they work in that palette? Is it magnetic or are they free to move around?
    Jen @ herbeautifuldisaster.com

    ReplyDelete