My Most Reached For Fall Nail Polishes

fall nail polishes
Fall is here, so typically we ditch the pretty light pastel shades that we've been reaching for this summer. Now we make room for our deep, warm, earth toned shades for the fall and winter months. I love having my nails painted and like to switch it up about once a week or so. Here are the shades I tend to reach for the most during the fall and winter months.

Go To Nudes/Subtle Shades

fall nail polishes nudes and pinks

1. Essie in 'Sand Tropez'
For my skin tone, this is the perfect nude for my nails. I go back to this shade time and time again. This shade is also very versatile, I wear it all year round, but tend to opt for it more during the colder months.

2. Sally Hansen Hard as Nails in 'Set in Stone'
This is a really great pale pink shade. I don't own any others like it. The only bad thing is I have to put three coats of this polish on in order to get the opacity that I want, which can be annoying. But once you do those three coats the shade is stunning. 

3. Essie in 'Mochacino'
This is a darker brown nail polish that also has little flecks of glitter in it. I love this shade and a lot of the time I'll use this shade as a "accent nail" while the other ones are the Essie 'Sand Tropez' shade. 

Go To Bold Statement Shades

bold statement nail polish shades

1. Julep in 'Diamond Theory'
I tend to use this one when I want to have one statement/decorative nail. The thing I love most about this nail polish is the formula. It is really easy to apply a thick layer of this, it doesn't break up when its being applied. It lasts a solid amount of time on the nails without chipping, but it is quite tricky to get off.

2. Essie in 'The Perfect Cover Up'
This forest green shade is stunning and a great statement polish to have in your collection. Even though the shade is very dark the formula and the applicator help make it easy to apply on your nail, so its not overly messy.

3. O.P.I in 'Grand Canyon Sunset'
This shade is new to me. I am not a huge O.P.I. nail polish collector, but the other day my mom and I went to get manicures. While I opted for a vampy colour (Essie Wicked), she went for this stunning dark dusty rose shade. Once I saw it on her nails I loved it and it is definitely the next shade going on my nails!

4. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in 'Pacific Blue'
I love this shade of blue, its very easy to apply, dries very fast, but it does chip quite easily so it cannot go without a top coat.

5. Trust Fund Beauty in 'Elegantly Wasted'
I got this shade in my Ipsy glam bag last month and when I saw it I knew right away that I was going to be reaching for it during the early fall months. 

6. Essie in 'Wicked'
This is by far my favourite out of all the polishes that I own. Its the perfect deep berry shade for fall. It goes with nearly everything and the formula is perfection. 

These are my most reached for shades in the fall months. I love the warm earth toned colours for fall. I'm currently on the hunt for a burnt orange nail polish, if you know of any comment below!! Thank you for reading!
xoxo




32 comments

  1. the sand tropez shade is absolutely gorgeous! love love love it

    Hannah x hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
  2. wicked is so pretty! I havent seen that one around yet! WANT! :p
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its stunning!!! Super vampy which I love :)

      Delete
  3. I think I want to go out and buy all of these colors! I've been on such a kick of doing my nails myself lately and now just want to keep buying colors!

    xx,
    Susie

    www.SequinsandStrawberries.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! I usually buy one nail polish every two weeks (every payday) its a fun treat to collect different colours!

      Delete
  4. I got the same Trust Fund Beauty polish! I'm excited to try it out. I really like what they name their polishes, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried it! its so pretty and super easy to apply which is important to me! haha I think my dream job would be the person who names nail polishes! lol

      Delete
  5. I wish I had got the Trust Fund polish in my Ipsy bag. I got an Aila chocolate brown creme polish instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. chocolate brown sounds really pretty too!! Especially for fall :)

      Delete
  6. I'm a neutral girl and Sand Tropez is one of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! definitely my favourite nude of all time!

      Delete
  7. Such an interesting lineup of polishes! I feel like a lot of people tend to wear super dark colours in the Fall but you've got quite a variety. I personally wear anything so I'll mix it up with a neon pink (typically summer shade) and then the next week be wearing something vampy.

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i do love vampy dark shades for fall, but I love anything warm toned too! I can't wear dark everything everyday so I love mixing it up too! :)

      Delete
  8. Wicked looks gorgeous! I love deep berry colours on my nails!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its stunning! got it on my nails right now ;) ahha

      Delete
  9. Ohh I do love the look of the Essie netural polishes! I need to invest in something similar xx

    Jasmine || http://www.blogsallbeautyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your color choices for Fall nails!!

    Ursula aka Blueridge Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cobalt nails are my staple - I love Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear formula so will definitely be giving 'Pacific Blue' a go as a soon as I can get my hands on it!

    Great picks, I think any burgundy/purples is my favourite shade this time of year!

    Sinéad xo ♥ fabuleuse, toujours ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah the formula is awesome and they're a great price as well!!:)

      Delete
  12. Essie has some perfect shades, and I just adore that dark shade!

    Angie x | Chocolate & Lipstick || UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! Essie is definitely my favourite nail polish brand, they have such a great selection!

      Delete
  13. I love nude lipsticks for the winter time well all year long they looks so pretty and chic on the nails.
    I love your selection.

    Zeynab x
    The Beauty Load

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely! and thank you for reading!!

      Delete
  14. Wicked is so nice but it's a little dark for me. I love Essie's Recessionista for a lighter berry shade for fall.

    Molly and Stacie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ouuu I definitely have to try that it sounds very pretty! :)

      Delete
  15. I do love those essie ones and the pacific blue one!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all Essie shades! I have to check out "The perfect cover up"- it looks beautiful!

    A Little Dose of Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right!? me too!! thanks for reading :)

      Delete