How To Create a Wound with Special Effects Makeup

Today's post is my second Halloween post and I'm really excited about it. For a couple of years now I have been learning different techniques for Halloween special effects makeup. This technique is what I find to be the most realistic and the easiest. Here is my step by step guide:

Step 1: I always go over the area you want to create the wound with foundation. I opted for ***

Step 2: Using any flat type brush (I purchase mine at the dollar store because it is a one time use brush) I dip it into the liquid latex and apply it where I want the wound to be.


Step 3: Think of the paper mache technique. Once you have the first layer of liquid latex down your going to take some tissue and apply it over the area. 


Step 4: Repeat steps 2 and 3 a couple of times to get a good level of thickness. I usually do four layers. 

Step 5: I go over the edges of the liquid latex and tissue mixture with the same foundation to help blend the edges into the rest of the arm. 

Step 6: I go in with black and brown eyeshadows (preferably matte but doesn't really matter) and start going over the edges and onto the skin to make it look dirty. For this look I went in with the Balm's Nude Tude Palette with the shades 'Serious' and 'Sleek' but any shadows will work. 


Step 7: Wherever you want the wound to be flesh and open start ripping the liquid latex area. It does not have to be perfect. I just rip in the centre and drag it out a bit. 


Step 8: The fun step. This is when you get to be creative and create your wound. I fill the flesh with black face paint and shadow and drag it outwards onto the remainder of the wound. I then go in with a red lipstick and fill in any remaining parts on the wound that you can still see the liquid latex. 


Step 9: Add some fake blood. I get mine at my local Halloween shop and I just add a couple drops to the centre of the wound and then drag it out with a bursh. 


 Your finished look:


For more details check out my YouTube Video on how to create this wound:


13 comments

  1. Oh wow, this is so clever and would be perfect for halloween! Such lovely tips! xx

    Sam // Samantha Betteridge

    ReplyDelete
  2. so realistic! Wow!

    You are talented!
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to step up your Halloween makeup skills!! I always appreciate the special effects makeup including use in drama/action/horror films and TV!! Yours look really life-like!

    Ursula

    www.blueridgebeautyblogger.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this looks so realistic! I'm not much for gore on Halloween, lame I know, but if I was this would be a great addition to a scary costume.

    Amy | Dervish Darling

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gruesome! It looks very genuine. You can definitely fool someone by the looks of it. Very clever and with the colors and all, everything looks wicked! Mind checking mine? :)

    Naqibah | http://www.naqibahshares.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa! This is amazing!! I would try it out for sure! :) x

    Jadirah Sarmad | Jasmine Catches Butterflies ʚϊɞ

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so cool; I wish we were big on Halloween here in the UK, but it doesn't seem to be that big. I would love to experiment with looks like this!
    Vanisha xo
    www.thelifeofvanisha.com

    ReplyDelete