Five Ways to Stay Organized

It's almost Friday! :) 


We all have our areas where we need improvement. For many people organization is a daily struggle, and can also cause unnecessary stress at times. Through my years of juggling working, going to school and attempting to have a personal life I have managed to make great improvements to my organization skills. There are many different ways to help get you organized and here is my top five:

My first tip is getting an agenda. I purchase an agenda once a year and put them through hell and back with how much I write inside of them. They are completely worth it and a complete lifesaver. Having an agenda allows you to plan your life monthly as well as daily. For me it is essential I have an agenda, this is where I stay on top of my work schedule, school assignment deadlines, my pesky bills that continuously pop up each month and of course my personal life. I take it with me everywhere I go and write an obscene amount of things inside of it.

My second tip is to get a notebook or notepad. Having an agenda is amazing for planning out your time, although you don’t want to start cluttering it up with all your ideas and your to-do lists. Having a notebook or a notepad to bring with you to where you go will give you the accessibility to write down important information that you don’t want to forget. This could be your weekly grocery list, or ideas you have for an upcoming assignment.

I am personally the type of person that likes to write things down and have a hard copy agenda and notebook, but for all you tech-savvy people out there, these two things can be done on your phone and/or on your computer.

My third tip is the phrase: put it away now. This can be said and done for anything. Putting whatever it is away right after you use it is one of the simplest ways to stay organized. Whether it be putting a lipstick away, your shoes, or a pen, putting these objects away right after you use them will not only keep your space clean and clear but also easier to that item the next time you need it. Nothing is more frustrating then trying to figure out the last place you put that specific shade of lipstick.

My fourth tip is to make shopping lists. This is something that I have just recently been trying out. I have two different lists that I make throughout the week. One being for necessities or things that I want to purchase, and the other is my grocery list. I've gone into stores millions of times for one specific thing, and left the store with numerous items forgetting that one specific thing you went there in the first place. It is normal for your mind to drift, and to get side tracked, especially when your shopping. Having a list won't prevent this from happening, but it will help remind you of what you needed in the first place. This can also help you if you are on a budget. If you stick to your list you will know you're within your budget rather then going into the store and grabbing things you think you might need. 


My fifth tip is to have a file holder. Keeping your documents, such as your bills and important receipts can add up and clutter up your space very quickly, not to mention can also get lost. Having a file folder can help you keep all these important documents organized and easily accessible for when you need them. Avoid that unnecessary panic attack!

7 comments

  1. Thanks for the tips! I always used lists to stay organized, and having a calendar is a must!

    xx, A Little Dose of Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  2. i so need to make this happen haha

    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such good tips, especially keep things together in a file!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. very good tips! I need to get organized! have never been good with this haha http://maybemayhemmakeup.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these tips ! I love being organised ! I am guilt of having one agenda that I wrote EVERYTHING in .. Including blog notes (big mistakes!) I now have a separate diary and notebook .. And literally cannot wait to to get my new diary for 2016!
    Saira X
    Throughtheglitterglass.wordpress.com
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely need to get into list making! I always seem to forget something, whether it's on a shopping trip or taking blog photos xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the tips, I needed to find more ways to stay organized!
    Tip #1 and Tip #5 is a must for me, I need to invest in a planner/agenda.

    Ashley
    jerseygirl1216.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete