Fall Makeup Must Haves


A lot of people ask me what are some must have fall products to have in their collection. I decided to write a blog post entirely dedicated to this subject and give options from high end products to drugstore products. These are my favourite fall go to items that I cannot live without. 

Primers:


Primers are a must for me all year round.I have oily-combination skin. I am very oily in my t-zone especially in the center of the forehead. But in the winter I do get a little dry in some areas as well. These primers both work very well. They help fill in pores and make a smooth surface for your foundation to sit on, but also have great oil control.

1. Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser

2. Make Up Forever Step 1 Skin Equalizer in Smoothing

Foundations:


Foundations are tricky. Its difficult sometimes to find out what works for your skin, and also to colour match yourself. These three foundations I wear year round and they work best with my combination to oily skin. 

1. Maybelline Matte & Poreless Foundation in '220 Natural Beige'

2. Too Faced Born This Way Foundation in 'Warm Beige'

3. Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in '3W1 Tawny'

Concealers:


I like my concealers to be full coverage. Reason being is I have pretty bad dark circles under my eyes. These three are my go to's and they are very creamy in consistency but still very full coverage without being heavy or cakey.

1. Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in 'Medium 1 Custard'

2. Maybelline Superstay Better Skin Concealer in 'Light/Medium'

3. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in '10 Light'

Setting Powders


I am still on the hunt for a holy grail powder from the drug store. I do like the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder, but I find I have to re-set a couple hours later. These two are by far my holy grail powders and keep my skin from getting oily, and keeps my concealer from creasing, even under the eyes. 

1. Anastasia Beverly Hills Setting Powder in 'Banana'
This product I have in the contour palette, but you can purchase it individually online.

2. Mac Studio Fix Powder in 'NC 30'

Bronzers & Contour Shades


1. Mac Mineralize Skin Finish in 'Give Me Sun!'

2. Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Shades in 'Java' & 'Havana'
Also found in the contour palette and also sold individually online

3. NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder in 'Sunny'

Blushes


Blushes are one of my favourite things to collect. These are two I wear all year long, but gravitate towards especially in the fall because they are wearable with many eye looks. In the fall I wear more dramatic makeup looks, these two blushes always go well with them.

1. Milani Baked Blush in 'Luminoso'

2. Mac Blush in 'Melba'

Highlighters


For me, highlighters are a necessity in everyone's life. It does not matter what time of year it is, I truly believe that it is always a great idea to highlight. Now that being said I am currently on a hunt for a good drugstore highlighter, and am currently loving the Physicians Formula Highlighter in 'Warm Nude' but it has not become a holy grail item just yet. Here are my two most reached for highlighters.

1. Mac's Mineralize Skin Finish in 'Soft & Gentle'

2. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in 'Moonstone'

Eye Brows


I tend to stick to the same products for my eyebrows, I'm not very adventurous in this area of makeup, but am starting to try out new products. Here are my holy grail brow products.

1. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in 'Dark Brown'

2. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in 'Dark Brown'

3. Maybelline Brow Drama in 'Deep Brown'

Eye Primers


Before I apply my eye shadow I have to apply a eye primer. I have oily eye lids, so without a primer my eye shadow would not last throughout the entire day. The two eye shadow bases (Mac & Nyx) work really well as primers and also help your eye shadow colours really stand out. 

1. Too Faced Shadow Insurance Eye Primer

2. Mac's Paint Pot in 'Soft Ochre'

3. Nyx Eye Shadow Base in 'Skin Tone'

Eye Shadows


Creating different looks using eyeshadows is my favourite thing about makeup. I love collecting palettes! This past year I also discovered Makeup Geek Eye Shadows. They are incredibly affordable and have such great pigmentation! 

1. Urban Decay Naked 1 Palette

2. Maybelline The Nudes Palette

3. Makeup Geek Eye Shadows

4. Nyx by Ipsy Eye Shadow Trio (Found in my Ipsy September Bag here)

5. Anastasia Beverly Hills Shadow Couture Palette (Review & Swatches here)

Lips

Top 5 Mac Lipsticks:
Full post here!



Top 5 Drugstore Lipsticks:
Full post here!


Nail Polish

Full post here!


Thank you all for reading! Let me know in the comments what your fall makeup essentials are :)

15 comments

  1. you can never go wrong with the naked palette and the diva lippie :)

    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you have some really amazing picks here! I love the studio fix and the rebel lippie.. Also can you believe I havent yet tried the EL double wear but I surely get it by the month end :)

    Chic Peachy Pink l Twitter l Instagram l BlogLovin' l Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks love!! definitely give it a try! its stunning on the skin :)

      Delete
  3. I loved this post! You featured a bunch of products I'd love to get my hands on, like Milani's Luminoso and Maybelline Better Skin Concealer.
    http://carolinapage.eu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! really glad you liked it love!

      Delete
  4. This is a really great post Amanda! Love your picks and there are some bits that I really want to try like the Too Faced foundation, everyone is raving about it! :) xx

    www.thecovetbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a great foundation!! really love it! thank you so much Caterina! :)

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah Double Wear + the Nars concealer is my perfect night out Autumn base :) The Naked 1 is gorgeous for Autumn too, though in all honesty I wear it all year round regardless haha xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah me too! naked 1 palette is my favourite out of all of them I always go back to it :)

      Delete
  7. Lovely post! I've tried almost all of these products! the Maybelline Matte and Poreless is a beautiful foundation!

    A Little Dose of Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could take this entire post and dump it into my make-up collection! It's seriously just given me a few new items to add to my list-- the NYX eye primer that looks like a MAC "Soft Ochre" dupe, the Maybelline Better Skin concealer, and the Baby Skin primer. Thank you!!

    www.iamkelskels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list! I have the znars concealer too and I love it :)

    Naomi || http://nlyavenue.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete