August 2015 Beauty Favourites

August Beauty Favourites amanda speroni blogspot


I am so excited to finally have a post up on my blog! August certainly flew by for me and I cannot believe its already September. As busy as September can be it is one of my favourite months. It starts with my birthday, back to school, and my favourite season; Fall.

Now let's have a look at my favourite beauty items for August.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Shadow Couture Palette

I did a review & swatch on this palette (check it out here) so I won't go into much detail, but it is amazing! I have been loving this palette so much and use it has become my go to eye shadow palette because of the versatile shades it has to offer. I also have two makeup tutorials using this palette: here & here!

august favourites Anastasia beverly hills shadow couture palette


Rimmel 9-in-1 BB Cream

I have found another BB cream! In my July Favourites I raved about the Maybelline BB Cream, which I still love. But this past month I have been trying out the Rimmel 9-in-1 BB cream. This BB cream  is supposed to be the perfect moisturizer and foundation in one. I still put moisturizer on my face in the morning before using this product, but I do get to skip using a primer. The only reason why I have been gravitating more towards the Rimmel BB cream is because I find the coverage a little bit higher while still giving off a natural finish. 

Becca Highlighter in 'Moonstone'

Its funny because I ordered this item by mistake, and now it's in my favourites. I feel like it was meant to be. This highlighter is worth every expensive penny. It is so beautiful on the skin. I also feel like it is a good highlighter for all skin tones, which is something that is difficult to come across. I also like to use this for the inner corner of the eyes, I find the shade is perfect and really makes the eye looks pop. It is expensive, but it is truly worth it.

Milani Baked Blush in 'Luminoso'

This blush is stunning on the skin and gives you a 'I just went to the beach' glow. I wore it nearly every day in August, I could not get enough! It has definitely become one of my holy grail blushes in my collection!

august favourites becca highlighter moonstone and milani baked blush in luminoso


Too Faced Melted Long Wear Lipstick in 'Melted Peony'

I was hesitant to try these out, but tried two different shades this past August. This shade quickly became an everyday favourite. It is the perfect pink-nude lipstick that has a glossy finish. I love wearing it during the day with minimal makeup to give my lips a bit of life. 

Rimmel Provocalips Lip Colour in 'I'll Call You'

I adore the name of this lipstick, I find it hilarious. On the packaging of this lipstick it says 16 hour kiss proof lip colour. It is 100% 16 hour wear. In fact I actually struggled to get it off my lips! If you don't want something to stain your lips then avoid this product, but I don't mind. It lasted all day, and even throughout the night. I only re-applied once. 

august favourites too faced melted long wear lipstick in melted peony and rimmel provocalips in I'll call you


These were all my beauty favourites for the month of August! I am so excited for the month of September, a lot of exciting things happening and to look forward too. Thank you so much for reading and let me know in the comments below what your August favourites were!

august beauty favourites amanda speroni blogspot

Thank you!
xoxo

23 comments

  1. I love the bb cream too!

    I loved a mac blush last month! Have a good September beauty!

    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its such a great one!! mac blushes are in my opinion the best formula I have found! great blushes! Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. Milani Luminoso baked blush is one of my favorites, too. Now if I could only find it somewhere in my stash! I wish I had gotten the Becca perfecter in Moonstone. I got rose gold, and the shade is a little too much for my skin tone. I wish they came in a mini size so I could get another one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely try moonstone, I also hear that opal is a great shade for many skin tones!

      Delete
  3. Great favourites. Now I'm off to stalk rest of your posts about Anastasia palette. I really like this palette :) Thanks for sharing x

    www.idorottka.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it! thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  4. Oooh the palette looks GORGEOUS, I love the colours! I love the look of all these products, I need them all in my life haha!
    Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am obsessed with the palette, just can't seem to get enough!!

      Delete
  5. That baked blush is making me SWOON!!! The Too Faced and Rimmel are a favourite of my contributors' too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a good look! ;)
    Have a nice weekend :)

    Can you follow me back?
    If you comment my post, I will comment your five posts! :)
    http://www.sandrakopko.com/2015/09/norway-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed your review of your fave products! I love using several Rimmel products incl mascaras and bronzer but I need to try this 9-1 BB! Good Luck this semester!

    Ursula aka Blueridge Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its great for everyday!! Thanks for reading, and thank you for the well wishes!

      Delete
  8. I loooove the colors in the Anastasia palette and THAT blush is gorgeous! Great products you have there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :) glad you enjoyed the post

      Delete
  9. So many great products featured here. I guess my favorite is the Anastasia palette. It looks similar to an IT palette that I have. I am sure the quality of the Anastasia palette is much better. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried any IT shadows! I'd love to though! thank you for reading :)

      Delete
  10. I need to buy a Becca highlighter because I keep hearing such amazing things about them! I'm now torn between the one you mentioned and Champagne Pop!Ahhh!! Great post and you mention some amazing products that I really like!

    Sarah xx

    thingssarahloves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to get champagne pop but its still sold out on the Canadian Sephora website :( but Moonstone is a great choice as well :)

      Delete
  11. You've got some great favourites here, some that I am looking to purchase in the future!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charlotte! Glad you enjoyed them

      Delete
  12. I really want to try the Rimmel London Lip Colour! It seems really good!
    Anjna Harish

    ReplyDelete