My First Ever Monthly Favourites: July 2015

July Favourites - Amanda Speroni
Well this is exciting, my first monthly favourites! I felt as if I didn't have enough products this month to do a full YouTube video on it, but I wanted to share a couple products on my blog. During the summer months I tend to wear a lot less make up throughout the week. The only time I'll put on foundation and do an eye look is when I'm going out in the evening or on the weekend, or when I'm filming for my channel. Therefore my July favourites include products that I go to on a daily basis for my everyday quick routine. Let's just jump in before I start rambling. 

1) The Maybelline BB Cream is what I have been using on a daily basis to help even out my skin tone. 

I have oily skin and this stuff stays on all day long and doesn't make me look like an oily hot mess. As you know BB creams do multiple things for your skin, but this one I feel what stands out is that it does give you a bit of coverage, it moisturizes quite well without leaving a greasy residue and it also has SPF in it, which is perfect for everyday makeup in the summer months.

Mac Studio Fix Powder, Smash Box powder and Maybelline BB cream

With this product I do like to set it with a more full coverage powder. This leads me to two different products.

2) The Smashbox Halo Effect Loose Powder is amazing for setting this BB cream. It leaves my skin looking very healthy and flawless. It goes on the skin so evenly and doesn't cling to any dry patches. With this product on top of the BB cream I typically only have to touch up once at around lunch time, and then I'm good to go again. 

Smashbox halo effect loose powder

3) Mac's Powder Foundation is what I go to if I have a blemish or red spot on my face. You can use this product on its own and will still give you a nice full coverage look, but lately I have also been using this product on top of my BB cream and it looks amazing. It really does last all day, I rarely have to touch up unless I have been outside for a long period of time. Its beautiful and I highly recommend & as you can see from the picture below, it has been put to very good use! 

Mac cosmetics Studio Fix pressed powder foundation

Wearing minimal makeup can sometimes get boring, especially if you are a makeup enthusiast who loves to be creative. But when you're in a rush sometimes that's not an option. To help looks become more creative and add more of a pop I have been reaching for so many lipsticks. Here are my top three this month.

Mac Velvet Teddy, Nyx Matte lipstick in Sierra and Too Faced Cosmetics lipstick in believe

4) NYX Matte Lipstick in 'Sierra' This is my first lipstick from this line and I love it. The consistency is very similar to Mac matte lipsticks. Very creamy and not overly drying for your lips. I can wear this lipstick without a lip liner and not have any issues as well. The shade is the perfect pinky-nude for everyday wear.

5) Speaking of matte lipsticks the next one is Mac's Lipstick 'Velvet Teddy'. This shade has been so popular this past year. It has a Kylie Jenner effect to it. Its absolutely stunning, you can wear it any time of year, and I think this is a shade that everyone should have in their collection. 

6) The last lipstick is more of a summer time shade. Its the Too Faced La Creme Lipstick in 'Believe'.  This one has more of a glossy finish to it, which I do love for summer time. Its a bright vibrant pink but not too over the top, making it completely wearable for everyday. 

Swatches of Mac, NYX, and Too Face lipsticks

I could probably list another 10 lipsticks that I've been loving, but we'll stop here for now. Also, is it just me, or do you guys love the names of lipsticks, can they get any more creative and cute? 

7) The last product I want to mention is a make up brush. Its the Real Techniques Sculpting Brush. I adore this brush, I use this brush everyday for blending out my concealer under my eyes. The shape of the brush fits perfectly in the inner corner and it blends like a dream! It makes applying concealer so easy and quick! I absolutely love this brush. 

Real Techniques Sculpting Brush

That is it for my first monthly favourites! Thank you all for taking the time to stop by my blog and reading! I hope you enjoyed this and find some of these products to your likings as well! Let me know in the comments what some of your favourites were! 


35 comments

  1. glad i found this post, iv been looking at powders for a while!

    rocheosasu.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad it helped!! :) thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. The brush is amazing, so perfect for contouring. I have a CC cream from Bonjoirs, ever used that? It is not at all oily. :)

    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ou no I haven't! thanks for the recommendation! and I know the brush is so versatile, its perfection!!

      Delete
  3. Very good products, I especially like the nude lipsticks! <3

    Lauren xx | laurlauu . beauty . fashion . life . blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really lilke this brush ! RT's brushes are multi-tasking :) so many use... foundation, concealer, bronzer, blush and highlighter ! xx

    www.aishettina.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! they are so amazing, and its definitely a plus that they are also affordable!

      Delete
  5. I love angled brushes for makeup they can make all the difference.

    Let's follow each other on Bloglovin'?!

    xx Falasha

    Bite My Fashion ll Instagram ll Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. absolutely, this brush is perfection! and for sure! just followed ya girl!

      Delete
  6. excellent post
    GFC you want to follow and keep in touch?
    let me know and I follow back!
    http://www.mosaictrends.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you, the Maybelline BB Cream is fantastic! My skin is sensitive, with some dry patches, not oily at all, and I loved it too! I didn't know aboit the BareMinerals setting powder, and I love bareMinerals, so I will take your advice and try it over the BB Cream!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, I haven't had any issues with the BB cream! thanks for reading Denise :)

      Delete
  8. Oh i love it dear.
    Such great stuff

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of the pink RT brushes look so tempting to me! :) Velvet Teddy is on my MAC wishlist but I think I have found a shade dupe for it in MUA Fawn Fancy! ;) x

    ♥ Jadirah Sarmad | Jasmine Catches Butterflies ʚϊɞ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend the RT brushes, I have many and they not only apply makeup very well but they also last!! And dupes are the best! :) thanks for reading!

      Delete
  10. real techniques is my fave but i actually don't have that brush, might have to look for it!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely have a look, I found it at my local drug store :)

      Delete
  11. I use the exact same BB cream every day and I absolutely love it! It absorbs quickly and leaves my skin matte. I especially enjoy using it for my dark circles
    Dora
    http://www.adropofindigo.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It evens out the skin so well! perfect for everyday :) Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  12. I loved the Maybelline BB cream when I had it.. Also, Too Faced lipsticks are so creamy! I kind of want to buy another one. I have Coral Fire atm. And I also need that Real Techniques sculpting brush!

    Ayre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ou Coral Fire sounds really pretty!! and yes definitely recommend the RT brushes, they are affordable but work dreams!!

      Delete
  13. OMG that bb cream looks good, sadly in my country maybelline bb cream doesn't have good quality like another country. i can see from the packaging it's so different :(. And i want to try the real technique sculpting brush :)) nice post btw

    Reinyand.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?! thats so odd, I never knew that they had different formulas for products in different countries, thats so strange!! and thank you so much for reading! :)

      Delete
  14. I've never tried any of these products, however I do love Mac lipsticks! x

    http://www.theperksofmeg.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes mac lipsticks are by far my favourite brand of lipsticks!! :)

      Delete
  15. Mac Velvet Teddy looks beautiful! I really want it in my collection. I also love the Maybelline Dream BB Cream but I have Dream Pure which is perfect for me! x

    www.anenglshrse.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a perfect all year round shade! really great to have in your collection :) Thank you for reading! :)

      Delete
  16. I love the RT sculpting brush and of course Velvet Teddy! Believe looks a stunning shade I will definitely look out for it as I love the Too Faced lipstick I have xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a lovely list..would love to try Believe by too faced, its so pretty!

    Chic Peachy Pink / Twitter / Instagram / BlogLovin' / Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kylie Jenner is my guilty pleasure, don't blame me!! I can't wait to buy this Mac Lipstick 'Velvet Teddy'!

    Fab post!!

    Www.luchiacooks.com

    ReplyDelete