IPSY: August Glam Bag

August Ipsy glam bag products and review

I finally did it. After months of checking out different subscriptions boxes that are on the market for beauty addicts like myself, I finally decided to try one out. I decided to venture with the Ipsy subscription box for a couple of different reasons.

1. It is very affordable. The Ipsy glam bag is $10 monthly, and you typically get five products inside.

2. They have a wide variety of products. On Ipsy's website you can see all the brands that they work with and are put into the subscription boxes per month. The variety of products was mind blowing. Ipsy's website also has a quiz that you take when signing up, therefore they know what types of products suit you as well as what you are particularly interested in.

3. I am a huge fan of their stylists and trust their judgement. I follow all their stylists on YouTube as well as their social media pages so I have seen them talk about the Ipsy subscription service and the products that have been inside the glam bags before.

After finally signing up in mid-July, I have received my first Ipsy order.

Each month the subscription box items are held inside a "glam bag" and have a unique theme. To me, I can never have enough makeup bags, so this alone is a great addition to the subscription box. This month's theme was "Prep School" and came with a houndstooth pattern bag with pink details. Very chic if you ask me.

Inside the bag comes with five different products. Some are sample sizes and some are full size products. There are several different bags you can get, which depends on your quiz results.

Here is what's inside my August Ipsy Glam Bag:

1. Marc Anthony - Nourishing argan oil of Morocco oil treatment
Ipsy Nourishing Argan Oil of Morocco by Marc Anthony

I'm really excited to try this product out. Its a morocco argan oil for your hair. I have extremely dry ends so I am hoping this will help them out. As of right now, all I say about this product is that I love the packaging. Very easy to get the product out of the tube and still have full control of how much comes out. I also love the smell of the oil.

2. Clear Start by Dermalogica - Oil clearing matte moisturizer with SPF 15

Clear start matte moisturizer Ipsy bag by Dermalogica

This product intrigues me. I am always nervous to try out new moisturizers because I have used the same one for years! But this one states that it is oil clearing and will help have a matte finish. Two things that I enjoy! 

3. 'Pencil Me In' Cosmetics - Natural eyeliner in Boysenberry
Pencil me in cosmetics eye liner in Boysenberry Ipsy bag

First I want to talk about the packaging. I love it. It comes with a built in sharpener inside the cap of the eyeliner. How neat is that? I have never seen packaging like this before for a pencil eye liner. I was also pleasantly surprised with the colour payoff of the eyeliner. Its a stunning deep blue. Swatches below. 

4. Hikari Cosmetics - Lip Gloss 

Hikari cosmetics lip gloss from ipsy august bag

Gorgeous. I cannot say enough good things about this gloss. Its a beautiful deep berry shade, which is absolutely perfect for fall just around the corner. I cannot wait to wear this shade. It has a shiny finish but does not seem to be sticky whatsoever. 

Boysenberry and HIkari lip gloss swatches from ipsy bag

5. Trust Fund Beauty - Nail Polish in Elegantly Wasted

Trust fund beauty nail polish from ipsy august bag

Really liking this nail polish shade. Its a shade that is versatile in my opinion. As it is a deeper lilac purple you can wear it while transitioning into fall. I love the shade and can't wait to paint my nails this colour next week! 

Overall I am extremely pleased with my first Ipsy Glam Bag. I can't wait to further try out these products. I do think that you get really great products or the price of the subscription service, which is 10$ US. 

Let me know which subscription services you have and which one is your favourite! Thank you for reading! 






17 comments

  1. sounds like a gorgeous little bag! The nail polish is cruelty free and vegan, which is amazing! :)

    The lip shade is pretty indeed, cant wait to see what sort of make-up look you will come up with!

    I'm subed to glossybox :)

    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is amazing, I didn't know that about the brand!! and thank you I can't wait to play around with them all! Do you like glossybox?

      Delete
  2. I've never signed up to anything like this before. But I do have to say I love an eyeliner with a built in sharpener! Great post http://minniemousechic.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its my first time with a subscription box, so far I am really happy about it :) and i know right? what a genius concept!

      Delete
  3. That nail polish shade is so beautiful!
    I wish we could get Ispy here!

    Angie x | Chocolate & Lipstick || UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely thought Ipsy was international!! thats so dissapointing

      Delete
  4. Ooh I've heard so many good things about this box but I don't think we get it here in the UK. It looks like there were a ton of lovely products in it! Lovely blog too! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much:) and yeah I'm not sure, I thought it was international but I guess I might be wrong! :(

      Delete
  5. That nail polish looks so good. Love the soft hue of lilac :)

    Lu | www.balgarka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the shade, so gorgeous for summer & also for fall:)

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous! This sounds like such a great idea, I had never heard of it. I'll have to check it out!

    xo
    Amanda
    www.fashionablyclearance.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the bag that everything came inside. It's so pretty!

    Jessica | Pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  8. the lip gloss and nail polish looks pretty

    ReplyDelete